Sunday, February 10, 2013
Naan - Indian flat bread ..
All purpose flour : 1 cup + 1/4 cup for dusting
Luke warm milk : 1/4 cup
Yogurt : 1/4 cup
Baking powder : 1/4 tea spoon
Baking soda : 1/4 tea spoon
Salt : 1/4 tea spoon
Powdered sugar : 1/2 tea spoon
Melted unsalted butter : 2 table spoon ( For spreading on Naan )
* In a bowl combine all purpose flour,baking powder,baking soda,salt and sugar. Mix it well and sieve it for 2 to 3 times.
* Pour the luke warm milk and yogurt into flour mixture, mix everything very gently using your finger tips to make a soft dough. (DO NOT OVER KNEAD)
* Transfer the dough into an air tight container and allow it rest for 2 to 3 hours.
* Make 4 equal size balls from dough.
* Dip the dough ball in all purpose flour and coat it completely.
* Dust the rolling board and rolling pin with all purpose flour, roll out the dough into circle/round shape.
* In the meantime heat the non stick pan.
* Apply cold water on top of the naan and then transfer naan to hot non stick pan(water applied part sticks to the pan).
* Cover the non stick pan with a lid and cook the naan in a medium flame for 1 minute.
* Cook the otherside of naan on direct flame.
* Once naan gets cooked,spread the butter and serve.
Serve hot naan with Spicy potato curry or Potato & Spinach curry or Mixed vegetable curry ..
Posted by Shree Kannepadi