For Kachori Filling:
Cooked green peas : 1 cup
Green chillies : 3 no.s ( Adjust accordingly )
Asafoetida : A pinch
Ginger paste : 1/2 tea spoon
Sugar : 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin powder : 1/4 tea spoon
Ghee : 1 tea spoonSalt : 1/4 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
For Kachori dough:
All Purpose Flour : 3/4 cup
Vegetable Oil : 1 table spoon
Salt : 1/8 tea spoon
For Frying Kachoris:
Vegetable oil : 2 cups
Method to prepare kachori filling :
* Grind cooked green peas along with green chillies into coarse paste.
(Add few drops of water while grinding)
* Heat 1 table spoon of ghee in a non stick pan. Add asafoetida in it.
* Add grinded green peas into the pan and saute for 1 minute in a medium flame.
* Add in the ginger paste,cumin powder, sugar and salt into the pan and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until excess water evaporates from the mixture.
* When the mixture is almost getting dry, switch off the flame. And keep it aside to cool.
Method to make kachori dough :
* In a bowl combine all purpose flour, salt and 1 table spoon of vegetable oil.
* Knead it nicely by adding little amount of cold water and make a smooth dough from it.( Dough consistancy must be like a poori dough consistancy )
How to make Kachoris ?
* Make equal sized small balls from the dough and equal sized small balls the kachori filling.
* Grease a rolling board and rolling pin with few drops of vegetable oil.
* Place dough ball on rolling board and roll it into small circle shape/poori shape.
* Place a green peas filling in the middle of the circle.
* Cover it and carefully seal it from all the edges.
* Press it gently in your palm and again roll it carefully using rolling pin. Make sure that filling should not come out.
* Heat Vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry the kachoris both sides until they become crispy.
Pictoral Steps :
Serve Kachori with Spicy Potato Curry.
Divya Pramil hosts a South Vs North challenge and i belong to South Indian team.
According to February month's Southern vs Northern Challenge, we (Southern team) have to make this famous north indian dish " Green peas kachori with dam aloo " because Sanoli challenged us with this incredible north indian dish.
This Recipe serves 2 people.