All purpose flour : 1 and 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour : 1 cup
Active dry yeast : 1/2 table spoon
Vegetable oil : 3 table spoon
Salt : 3/4 tea spoon
Powdered sugar : 1/2 table spoon
Luke warm milk 1/2 cup + 1/2 table spoon cold milk for brushing
Unsalted butter : 1/2 table spoon
White sesame seeds : 1/4 tea spoon
Cold water to make dough(1/4 cup approximately)
* Sieve the flours(all purpose flour + whole wheat flour ) together for 2 times.
* In a large mixing bowl add in the sieved flour,active dry yeast,vegetable oil,sugar and salt mix well with the flour.
* Make a dent in the center and slowly pour the luke warm milk and mix it with flour mixture.
* Now using little by little amount of cold water make a soft dough. (Dough should be look like refer the picture) If you add more water it will be messy.
* Grease your palm with few drops of vegetable oil and start kneading the dough for about 5 to 8 minutes.
* Grease the air tight container with vegetable oil and keep the bread dough and cover it. Then keep the container in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
* Meanwhile prepare the Stuffing ( You can make your favorite stuffing but make sure that the stuffing is DRY) and transfer it into a bowl so that stuffing comes to room temperature.
* After dough has raised then punch it down and again start kneading the dough for 2 minutes. Then divide the dough into two equal portions.
* Dust the rolling board with all purpose flour ( 1/4 tea spoon ) take one portion of dough ball and roll the dough into oval shape with 1/4" thickness.
* Now place Stuffing in the center and make equal slanting cuts on both sides.
* Carefully start braiding the strips one after the other and fold the bottom end to cover the stuffing.
* Grease the baking tray and carefully transfer the braided bread dough.
* Keep tray aside to rest for 20-30 minutes(Dough will rise little bit at this time).
* In the meanwhile preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
* Brush the braided bread dough with cold milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of it.
* Bake the bread for 12-16 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. (Baking time depends on the oven settings, my braided bread was ready at exact 16 minutes) But make sure to keep an eye on the oven after 10 minutes.
* Once top of the bread turns to golden brown color immidiatly taken it out from the oven and brush it with melted better and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes and then slice it.
* Enjoy the hot home made stuffed braided bread with cup of Beaten Coffee .
Like us to get instant blog updates !
Linking this recipe to Simply food , Divya's event , simply food events