Monday, February 4, 2013
Vegetable Cutlet ..
Mashed potato : 1/2 cup
Breadcrumbs : 1/8 cup
Chopped cilantro : 1 tea spoon
Grated carrot : 1/8 cup
Grated french beans : 1/8 cup
Cooked & slightly mashed green peas : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped onions : 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tea spoon
Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon(Adjust accordingly)
Garam masala powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Fresh lemon juice : 1 tea spoon
All purpose flour : 1 table spoon
Water: 1 table spoon
Salt 1/2 tea spoon(Adjust accordingly)
Vegetable oil : As required for deep frying
Coconut oil : 1 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Sugar : A pinch
* Heat coconut oil in a non stick pan,add in all the vegetables and saute for 1 minute in medium flame.
* Add rest of the ingridients except Vegetable oil & Breadcrumbs to non stick pan, mix it well with vegetables and cook for 2 minutes in a medium flame.
* Switch off the flame and allow vegetable mixture to cool down completely.
* In the meantime mix together the all purpose flour and water in a small bowl and keep it ready to use.
* Make equal sized round balls from vegetable mixture and slightly press it between your palms to make it flat. Keep aside.
* Dip each cutlet in the flour paste so that both sides are coated very well.
* Then coat cutlets with breadcrumbs.
* Heat vegetable oil in non stick pan and deep fry the cutlets(both sides) till they turn to golden brown color or they become crispy.
* Serve vegetable cutlets hot with tomato sauce.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi