Puff pastry : 1/2 sheet ( thawed according to package directions )
Fresh strawberries : 1 cup
Powdered sugar : 1/2 cup + 1 table spoon
Fresh vanilla powder/extract : 1/8 tea spoon
Milk : 1 cup
Semisweet chocolate chips : 4 pieces
Unsalted butter : 1 table spoon
Custard powder/Pudding mix : 2 table spoon ( I used Mango custard powder )
* Preheat oven to 400° F.
* Unfold thawed puff pastry on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut pastry sheet into 4 square pieces.
* Place them on baking sheet coated with melted butter.
* Bake about 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove puffs from pan and allow them to cool completely on wire rack.
* In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, 1 table spoon sugar and vanilla extract mix gently and set aside.
* In a non stick pan, whisk milk,sugar and pudding mix for a minute.
* Switch on the flame and stirr the mixture continously till you get dosa batter consistancy(approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
* Transfer the custard mix to a air tight container, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
* In a microwave, melt chocolate chips along with 1/4 tea spoon of butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer chocolate syrup to a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a tiny corner from bag and keep it ready to use.
* To assemble the napoleon, split puff pastry squares horizontally for a total of 8 squares. Set aside 2 for top layer. Place 2 of the puff pastry pieces on individual serving plates.
* Spread about 1 table spoon of custard mixture over each pastry square. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and another piece of puff pastry. Spread again custard mixture over pastry pieces. Top with remaining strawberries and reserved pastry tops.
* Squeeze melted chocolate syrup and little amount of custard mix over napoleons. And serve it immediately.