Friday, February 15, 2013
Spicy and Crispy Potato Crepe / Khaara Potato Dose ..
Idly / Dosa Rice : 1/2 cup
Grated Potato : 1/4 cup
Channa Dal : 1/4 cup
Dry Red chilli : 2 no.s ( or you can use 1/2 tea spoon red chilli powder )
Coriander Seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tea spoon
Tamrind Paste : 1/4 tea spoon
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon
Jaggery : 1/4 tea spoon
Water : 1/4 cup
Vegetable oil : 2 table spoon
* Wash rice and channa dal in a cold water for 2 to 3 times.
* Soak rice and channa dal in water (4 cups of water ) together in a bowl for about 2 hours.
* Drain rice and channa dal from water and put them into a blender,add in all the spices except vegetable oil and grated potato.
* Make a fine paste from it using 1/4 cup of water.
* Transfer the batter into a bowl,add in grated potato and mix it very well.( check salt and spicyness at this point,if required add in salt and red chilli powder )
* Heat a non stick griddle, pour a laddle full of crepe batter,make thin crepes using back side of the laddle.
* Spread some drops of vegetble oil over the crepe and turn it into other side to cook. ( for 1 minute).
* When crepe turns to golden in color transfer it into serving plate.
* Serve Spicy & Crispy Potato Crepes with Coconut Chutney , Orange Peel Chutney , Apple Chutney or with Tomato Gojju
Posted by Shree Kannepadi