Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Methi - Channa Dal Fritters / ಮೆಂತೆ ಸೊಪ್ಪಿನ ಅ೦ಬೋಡೆ ..
Channa dal : 1/2 cup
Methi / Fenugreek leaves : 1/4 cup (Chopped)
Green chilli : 2 no.s
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
Fresh lemon juice : 2 drops
For deep fry :
Vegetable oil : 1 cup
* Wash and soak channa dal for atleast 1 hour.
* Drain water and put channa dal in a blender along with green chilli,ginger and salt.
* Coarsely grind it (if required use only 1/2 table spoon of water while grinding) and transfer it to a bowl. Now add in the chopped methi leaves and lemon juice mix it very well.
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil for 4 to 5 minutes.
* Make small balls from methi mixture,slightly press it and deep fry the fritter both sides until they turn crispier.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi