Monday, February 25, 2013
Dates Cake ( Eggless ) | ಖರ್ಜೂರದ ಕೇಕ್ ..
Seedless dates : 18
All purpose flour : 1 Cup
Sugar : 3/4 Cup
Vegetable oil : 1/2 Cup
Milk : 3/4 Cup
Baking powder : 1/2 Table spoon
* Heat milk and dates for few minutes or microwave them for 2 minutes so that dates becomes soft and it will be helpful while in grinding. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
* Add sugar into blender and blend it for 30 seconds then add in the dates along with milk and grind them to a smooth paste.
* Take a big bowl and add vegetable oil and paste of dates(Dates+Sugar+Milk) mix well for 2 to 3 minutes using a fork.
* Sieve all purpose flour and baking soda together for 2 times.
* Grease the baking dish with butter and dust it with all purpose flour.
* Add the all purpose flour one table spoon at a time to dates mixture and mix it very gently.Make sure that there will be no lumps in cake batter.
* Preheat the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes.
* Pour the cake batter into greased baking dish. Tap the baking tray very gently for few times so that there will be no air bubbles.
* Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
* After 15 minutes reduce the oven heat to 300 F and again bake it for 15 minutes or till a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Pictoral Steps :
Like us on Facebook !!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I do like the sound of these.
Yummy bake Shree..cake looks so inviting!!
Very lovely cake.. bookmarked
Thank u Vani :)
Thank u Tinku..It is a very spongy and yummy cake.. Do try and let me know your feedback..
Looks nice. Thanks for linking.
Delicious and moist yummy cake. Love to try.
Do try and let me know..
yummy cake.. Love it
Yummy cake with healthy dates. Thx for linking.
Is it baking soda or baking powder?
it's different in ingredients list and different in the instructions!
Thanks for pointing it out Vidya, Its Typo mistake..
Its baking powder :)
ok, thanks!! will bake this date cake soon!!
were these dates from indian store or just reglar store
I used "lion dates"
You can use according to your availability..
Once you done with baking,let me know your feedback..
(do not substitute anything)
I finally got some time out of my hectic schedule and I baked this date cake.
The taste is awesome. I made date cupcakes! Its a very simple recipe!! Thank you!!
I think the next time I bake this cake I will try baking it on 350 F for 25 minutes.
Thank you Vidya :)
Post a Comment