Monday, February 25, 2013
Dates Cake ( Eggless ) | ಖರ್ಜೂರದ ಕೇಕ್ ..
Seedless dates : 18
All purpose flour : 1 Cup
Sugar : 3/4 Cup
Vegetable oil : 1/2 Cup
Milk : 3/4 Cup
Baking powder : 1/2 Table spoon
* Heat milk and dates for few minutes or microwave them for 2 minutes so that dates becomes soft and it will be helpful while in grinding. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
* Add sugar into blender and blend it for 30 seconds then add in the dates along with milk and grind them to a smooth paste.
* Take a big bowl and add vegetable oil and paste of dates(Dates+Sugar+Milk) mix well for 2 to 3 minutes using a fork.
* Sieve all purpose flour and baking soda together for 2 times.
* Grease the baking dish with butter and dust it with all purpose flour.
* Add the all purpose flour one table spoon at a time to dates mixture and mix it very gently.Make sure that there will be no lumps in cake batter.
* Preheat the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes.
* Pour the cake batter into greased baking dish. Tap the baking tray very gently for few times so that there will be no air bubbles.
* Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
* After 15 minutes reduce the oven heat to 300 F and again bake it for 15 minutes or till a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Pictoral Steps :
Like us on Facebook !!
Posted by Shree Kannepadi