Monday, March 4, 2013
Biscuit Rotti ..
Ing for Dough :
All purpose flour : 2 cups
Salt : 1/4 tea spoon
Warm vegetable oil : 1 tea spoon
Cold water : 1/4 cup ( Adjust accordingly )
Ing for Filling :
Semolina : 1 cup
Vegetable oil : 1 tea spoon
Shredded coconut : 2 table spoons
Red chilli powder : 1 tea spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
Curry leaves : 8 no.s
Salt : 1/4 tea spoon
Vegetable oil : 2 cups ( For deep frying )
To prepare Dough :
* In a big bowl add in all purpose flour,salt and warm vegetable oil, mix it well, using warm water make a smooth dough. (dough looks same as chapathi dough)
To prepare Semolina filling :
* Heat 1 tea spoon oil in a non stick pan and add in mustard seeds. When they start popping, add curry leaves and asafoetida. Then add in semolina and fry till it turns slightly brownish.
* Now add in sheredded coconut, salt, chilli powder and 1/2 cup of water. Cook till semolina absorbs all the water. Switch off the flame.
How to make Biscuit Rotti ?
(Click on this link for referral pictoral steps Pics)
* Make equal number of balls from Dough and Semolina filling.
* Grease your palm with drop of vegetable oil and spread the dough a bit using the palm, keep semolina mixture ball on it and cover the ends firmly. ( Like how you cover while making holige,paratha)
* Dust the rolling board with all purpose flour, using rolling pin, roll it into small puris.
* Heat oil in a non stick pan and deep fry the biscuit rottis.
* Serve hot with Coconut chutney or simply with tomato ketchup.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...Can this be done adding jaggery and making it sweet?
crunchy roti looks yummm :)
Nice rotis. loved the filling
so ccrunchy and looks so crispy
Thanks Divya, I have not tried with jaggery filling.
But there is a sweet called " Karjikaayi " in karnataka, that calls for coconut and jaggery filling and dough remains same. Will post that recipe soon :)
Thank u Manju :)
Thank u Vimitha :)
Thanks Ramya :)
Hi I'm Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
from 1 to 10.
There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog
It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be here.
I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo for user of the world look your recipes.
We would love that you participate with some recipe.Look Amazing!
You can definitely see your skills within the work you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.
Good site! I really love how it is nice on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made.
Post a Comment