Tuesday, March 5, 2013
KaradoDappe | ಕರದೊಡಪ್ಪೆ ..
This is an authentic " Malenadu " cuisine(More info about Malenadu Clink here.).
My amma used to prepare this dish atleast once in a week when i was going to college ! I'm so much attched to this dish. During early rainy season at my hometown we use tender bamboo shoot instead of all the veggies to prepare this yummy dish !!
Rice flour : 1 & 1/2 cups
Finely chopped onion : 1/4 cup
Finely chopped cilantro : 1 table spoon
Grated carrot : 1/8 cup
Grated cabbage : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped curry leaves : 1 tea spoon
Red chilli powder : 1 & 1/2 tea spoon
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
Warm vegetable oil : 1 table spoon
Cold water : 1/4 cup ( Adjust accordingly )
Vegetable oil for deep frying : 2 cups
* In a bowl pour in all the ingridients except water. Mix it very well.
* Using little by little amount of water make a soft dough. ( Dough looks like a chapati dough )
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil.
* Apply a drop of vegetable oil to your palm and also over the thin plastic cover / plantain leaf, take a little amount of dough and press it.
* Carefully transfer the pressed dough to your palm and transfer it into hot oil.
* Cook both the sides turns crisp.
* Serve hot KaradoDappe with Coconut Chutney .
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Participate & win e gift vouchers in Flavors Of Cuisines-"Chinese"
wow - so good and yum. Shree this is one such version for feeding veg to kids right?
also elders like my hubby :)
yummy fritters using rice flour.looks crisp and yummy.
Delicious crispy fitters I love to have with my rice.
Have never tasted this before - adding on to my "want to try" list!
crispy and yummy
Yummy Vadappe..my all time favorite!
we call it vodappe,but karida vodappe is deep fried one as wecal and make it at home.
Thank u :)
Thanks Divya.. Yeah this is another way of feeding veggies :) :)
Thank u !
Thank u Swathi, have it !!
Do thy this recipe Priya, i'm sure you will love it !
Thank u Vani, hmm vadappe nandu fav.
Thank u curry soul for the comment.. we also prepare 2 kinds of vadappe at home.. :)
Looks yummy...Happy to follow..
Will be glad if you follow me back :)
Post a Comment