Tuesday, March 5, 2013
KaradoDappe | ಕರದೊಡಪ್ಪೆ ..
This is an authentic " Malenadu " cuisine(More info about Malenadu Clink here.).
My amma used to prepare this dish atleast once in a week when i was going to college ! I'm so much attched to this dish. During early rainy season at my hometown we use tender bamboo shoot instead of all the veggies to prepare this yummy dish !!
Rice flour : 1 & 1/2 cups
Finely chopped onion : 1/4 cup
Finely chopped cilantro : 1 table spoon
Grated carrot : 1/8 cup
Grated cabbage : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped curry leaves : 1 tea spoon
Red chilli powder : 1 & 1/2 tea spoon
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
Warm vegetable oil : 1 table spoon
Cold water : 1/4 cup ( Adjust accordingly )
Vegetable oil for deep frying : 2 cups
* In a bowl pour in all the ingridients except water. Mix it very well.
* Using little by little amount of water make a soft dough. ( Dough looks like a chapati dough )
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil.
* Apply a drop of vegetable oil to your palm and also over the thin plastic cover / plantain leaf, take a little amount of dough and press it.
* Carefully transfer the pressed dough to your palm and transfer it into hot oil.
* Cook both the sides turns crisp.
* Serve hot KaradoDappe with Coconut Chutney .
Posted by Shree Kanneppady