Semolina : 1 cup (no need to roast the semolina)
Plain yogurt : 1 cup
Turmeric powder : 1/8 tea spoon
Baking soda : 1 tea spoon
Luke warm water : 1/4 cup
Salt : 1 tea spoon(Adjust accordingly)
Sugar : 1/2 tea spoon
White sesame seeds : 1 tea sppon (For garnishing)
For tempering :
Vegetable oil : 2 table spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tea spoon
Finely chopped onion : 1/2 cup
Finely chopped green chilli : 1 tea spoon(Adjust accordingly)
Finely chopped cilantro : 1 table spoon
Finely chopped french beans : 1/4 cup
Grated ginger : 1/2 tea spoon
Frozen green peas : 1/4 cup
Grated Carrot : 1/2 cup
Shredded coconut : 2 table spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
* Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a baking pan or bread loaf(I used bread loaf) with vegetable oil.
* Take a large bowl and mix together the semolina, yogurt, salt, sugar. Mix it until everything combines very well and let it sit aside.
* Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick pan, add in the mustard seeds,cumin seeds, onions, asafoetida green chillies, ginger and saute for 2 minutes in a low flame.
* Now add the carrot, french beans, cilantro,shredded coconut and green peas and saute for another one minute. Switch off the flame.
* Add this sauted mixture into semolina mixture and mix it very well. And also add 1/4 cup of water to the mixture.(Do not add more water nor less water)
* Now the tricky part, add in the baking soda,mix it as quickly as possible with batter and pour the batter into the greased pan.
* Garnish the top with white sesame seeds and place it in the middle rack of oven.
* Bake this for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
* Remove baked cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
* Slice the cake and serve as it is or along with any spicy chutney.
* This is perfect for Breakfast or for Tea time snack.
(Recipe source : BBCworld)