Monday, March 11, 2013
7 Cup Sweet | Sweet prepared using 7 cup of Ingredients ..
Gram flour : 1 cup
Melted ghee / clarified unsalted butter : 1 cup
Granulated sugar : 3 cups
Shredded coconut : 1/4 cup
Grated Carrot : 3/4 cup
Milk : 1 cup
* In a low flame fry gram flour with 1 tea spoon of ghee for 2 minutes.
* Transfer the fried gram flour to a tray and start frying the carrots with 1 tea spoon of ghee in a same non stick pan for 2 minutes.
* Grease the steel(must) tray with ghee and keep it next to work station.
* Sieve the fried gram flour for 2 times, make sure that there is no lumps found in the flour.
* Take a nonstick deep skillet pan and pour in all the ingredients. Then mix everything with the help of spatula.
* In a medium flame start cooking the mixture and keep stirring.
(If you dont stirr the mixture continously it will stick to bottom of the skillet)
* At around 16 to 18 minutes of time mixture starts to leave the skillet and it looks like honeycomb and also the color changes to a brown shade.
At this time stirr the mixture for 5 to 10 seconds and immediately transfer it into greased tray.
(This is very very important step,if you take off the mixture before it will be like halwa, or if you delayed it will become little harder)
* Allow it to rest for just 2 minutes, using sharp knife make mark on it.
(make your desired shape mark exact after 2 minutes,if you delayed its hard to get good shapes of 7 cup sweet)
* Again allow sweet to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
* You can store the sweet in a air tight container once they completely cooled down.
Some notes :
* If you dont like carrot then use full 1 cup of shredded coconut.
* Carrot enhances the sweet by its color and its texture.
Like us on Facebook : JustCookingNBaking
Posted by Shree Kannepadi