Monday, December 3, 2012
Butter Cookies ..
All purpose flour : 1 Cup
Baking soda : 1/4 Tspn
Baking powder : 1/4 Tspn
Salt : 1/4 Tspn
Unsalted butter : 1/2 Cup
Powdered sugar : 3/4 Cup
Cardamom powder : 1/4 Tspn
* Sieve all purpose flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt together and keep it ready to use.
* In a bowl cream together the butter,cardamom powder and sugar.
* Add little by little amount of flour mixture into butter mixture and make a soft dough, not a sticky dough. If required add little amount of butter. DO NOT add milk or water.
* Grease the cooking sheet.
* Make small balls from the dough and slightly press it using your palm and place in cookie sheet giving some space to one another.
* Keep cookie sheet in a refrigerator to rest for 10 minutes(this process is MUST),in the mean time pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes.
* Sprinkle some all purpose flour on cookies and bake them in a pre-heated oven for 13 to 15 minutes at 350 F.
* Enjoy the delicious butter cookies..
Pictoral Steps :
Advantages of keeping cookie dough in fridge :
* Beacuse it cools down the butter and firm it back up. If you put cookie straight in the oven, the butter would be too warm so it would start melting quicker, and result will be very thin cookies.
* If you refrigerate it, you cool down the butter, which would then take a few more minutes for the butter to melt. By then, the rest of the ingredients have had time to set up.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful butter cookies, I love these kind of simple cookies.
Loved the simple and delectable cookies :) Nice space you have dear!!
SNC - 2 Round up
nice space shree.welcome to blogging world.happy to follow you.check my space and give me ur support as friend.check my ongoing event.
Thank u, yeah most of the people love this because it is very easy to prepare and delicious to our taste buds.. :)
Thank u Divya :) You too have great space.. Happy to follow you !
Thanks Ramya, I'm also following your lovely blog LemonKurry !
thanks for linking dear.linking logo i mean copy the logo and paste and link back to my space.
I did that now.. Thank u :)
Lovely cookies.. all buttery and yummy..
Thank u.. It was uttery buttery delicious :)
yummm looking buttery cookies dear :)
Post a Comment