All purpose flour : 1 & 1/4 cup
Sweetned condensed milk : 1 cup
Vegetable oil : 1/2 cup
Fresh orange Juice : 1/2 cup (Cut orange in the middle and squeeze it to get juice)
Powdered Sugar : 3 tbsp
Lemon Juice : 1 Tea spoon
Baking Powder : 1 Tea spoon
Baking soda : 1/2 Tea spoon
Orange Zest : 1 Tea spoon ( Grate the orange peel-just orange color part,do not use white part)
For greasing the baking dish :
Unsalted butter : 1/4 Tea spoon
All purpose flour : 1/2 Tea spoon
* Sieve all purpose flour,baking powder,baking soda and powdered sugar, two to three times and mix it again using fork to ensure even mixing. (This is very IMPORTANT step)
* In a big bowl mix the condensed milk,orange juice,oil and lemon juice and mix it very well using hand mixer or a fork.
* In the mean time pre heat the oven to 350 F for 10 minutes and grease the baking dish.
* Now pour the wet ingredients spoon after spoon into the above mixture.Gently mix the mixture until you get a smooth and uniform mixture without lumps using hand mixer or a fork.
* Add orange zest into the mixture and mix it well.
* Pour cake mix into a greased baking dish and tap the dish very gently for 4 to 5 times to avoid air bubbles in cake.
* Bake cake batter for 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in middle of the cake comes out clean.
* Immidietly take out the cake from oven, and let the cake to cool down for 5 minutes then tap the dish gently for 2 to 3 times and invert the cake over a cooling rack and let it cool for 15 minutes.
* Cut and serve the spongy orange cake or use it as base for any deserts.