Split toor dal / Yellow pigeon peas : 1/2 cup
Chopped dill leaves : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Jaggery/Sugar : 1/4 tea spoon
Rasam powder : 2 table spoon (I used MTR Rasam powder)
Tamrind juice : 1/4 cup
Cilantro : 2 table spoon
Water : 3 to 4 cups
Vegetable oil : 1 tea spoon
Chopped tomato : 1/2 cup
Coconut oil : 1/4 tea spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch
* Wash and soak the toor dal in cold water for 20 minutes
* Pressure cook the toor dal along with dill leaves and a drop of vegetable oil.
* In a non stick pan heat the oil and add tamrind juice and jaggery into it,once its start boiling add tomatoes and bring it to boil.
* Add cooked toor dal & dill leaves into it.
* At this point add 1 table spoon of cilantro,salt and rasam powder.
* Boil rasam in a low heat for 12 to 15 minutes for better taste.
* In a small sauce pan make the tempering and add it into rasam along with 1 table spoon of cilantro then close the pan with lid and switch off the flame.
* Serve hot as Dill-lentil soup or serve as Dill rasam along with white rice.