Basmati rice : 2 cups
Clove : 1
Water : 2 and 1/2 cups
Vegetable oil : A drop
Method to prepare rice :
* Wash and soak the rice along with clove for 20 minutes.
* Add a drop of oil and make rice in rice cooker.
* Once rice is done,remove clove from rice and spread rice in a tray.
Ing for Eggplant Masala :
Chopped Eggplant : 2 cups
Sliced Onion : 1/4 cup
Chopped Cilantro : 2 table spoon
Vegetable Oil : 2 table spoon
Ghee : 1 table spoon
Tamrind Juice : 1/2 cup ( If you have tamrind paste,then take 1 table spoon of paste and mix it with 1/2 cup of water)
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon ( Adjust Accordingly)
Powdered Jaggery : 1 table spoon
Vangi Bhath Powder : 3 table spoon
Grated Copra : 2 table spoon
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tea spoon
For Tempering :
Ghee : 1 tea spoon
Curry leaves : 4 no.s
Chopped Cashews : 2 table spoon
Peanuts : 10 no.s
Method to prepare Masala :
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil with ghee,add onion and saute it for 1 minute.
* Now add eggplant and turmeric powder and saute it until eggplant becomes soft.
* Add in the tamrind juice,jaggery,1 table spoon of cilantro and salt, cook for 2 to 3 minutes in a medium flame with occasional stirring.
* Add vangi bhath masala powder and copra,mix well and keep stirr the mixture until everything mixes well for 1 to 2 minutes.
* In a small sauce pan make the tempering and add it into ablove mixture.
* Add remaining cilantro and mix once and switch off the flame. Keep the mixture to sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
* Add rice into masala,mix well and serve with raita.