Friday, March 2, 2012
Saatu / Baadu Shaah
For Dough :
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Ghee - 3 Tspn
Yogurt - 2 Tspn
Salt - A pinch
Water - 1 Tspn ( According to make soft Dough )
Sugar Syrup :
Sugar - 1 Cup
Water - 1/4 Cup
Lemon Juice - A pinch
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 Tspn
Food Color - A pinch ( Optional )
For Frying :
Vegetable Oil - 2 Cup
Ghee - 2 Tspn
* Mix all the dough ingredients together and make a dough as same as Chapati Dough.
* Mix All the Sugar Syrup Ingredients except Cardamom powder and lemon juice ., make a syrup consistency as same silky consistency. ( if you touch a syrup in thumb finger and touch it with Index finger, the syrup should look as silk Thread )., Add cardamom powder and lemon juice and switch off the flame.
* Make a Small balls from the dough and slightly press from your palm and deep fry them in Oil.
* Put the Deep fried balls in sugar syrup for 2 mins then keep it aside.
* Again Heat the Sugar Syrup for 2 mins and apply on Sweet Balls.
* Refrigerate for 30 mins before Serving.
* Later you can keep them in a Air tight Containers.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi