Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Whole Wheat Flour Savory Cookies ..
Whole wheat flour : 1 cup
Unsalted butter : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/2 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
Powdered sugar : 2 tea spoon
Cumin seeds : 1/2 table spoon
Fennel seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Fresh black pepper powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Chopped green chilli : 1/2 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
White sesame seeds : 1/2 tea spoon
Baking Soda : 1/4 tea spoon
Milk : 2 table spoon ( if required add more )
* Sieve the flour and keep it ready to use.
* In a big bowl combine all the ingridients except milk.
* Mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Add little by little amount of milk and make a soft dough.
* Keep dough in a air tight container to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
* Divide dough into 4 parts.
* Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
* Roll out dough, using a lightly floured rolling pin to a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a cookie cutter and place them on baking sheet.
* Bake cookies for 12 to15 minutes or until lightly brown.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi