Thursday, January 10, 2013
Vegetable Palav ..
Chopped french beans : 1/2 cup
Chopped Carrots : 1/4 cup
Chopped potato : 1/2 cup
Frozen peas/ cooked green peas : 1/2 cup
Chopped cauliflower : 1/4 cup
Chopped onion : 1/4 cup
Masala paste :
Mint leaves : 5 - 6 no.s
Cilantro : 4 - 5 fresh springs
Garlic cloves : 2 - 3
Green chilli / thai hot chilli : 3 ( Adjust accordingly )
Cinnamon : 1/4 " stick
Cloves : 3 no.s
Bay leaf : 1/2 " piece
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tea spoon
Shredded coconut : 4 table spoon
Other ingridients :
Basmati rice : 2 cups
Water : 2 cups
Vegetable oil : 2 table spoon
Ghee : 1 table spoon
Fresh lime juice : 1 table spoon
Salt : 1 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Sugar : 1/4 tea spoon
* Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the water from rice and keep it ready to use.
Method to prepare masala paste :
* In a blender/mixer combine all the ingridients together and make a fine paste from it, if required use 1 table spoon of water while grinding.
Method to prepare vegetable palav :
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil,add onions and saute it for 1 minute.
* Add remaining veggies except peas and cauliflower into the pan and saute it in a medium flame for 3 minutes.
* Pour the grinded masala into pan and mix it well with veggies and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
* Add in the drained basmati rice and saute it for 2 minutes.
* Lastly add boiled green peas/frozen peas,cauliflower,lime juice,sugar,salt into the pan and mix well.
* In a pressure cooker/rice cooker heat a table spoon of ghee and pour in the above mixture, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook it for 6 - 8 minutes ( one whistle ) or until rice is done in rice cooker.
* Serve with Tomato - Onion Raita ..
Posted by Shree Kannepadi