Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Peanut Peda / Peanut Laddoo ..
Peanuts : 1/2 cup
Whole milk : 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar : 1/2 cup
Salt : A pinch
Fresh Vanilla Powder / Vanilla essence : 1/4 tea spoon
Ghee : 1/4 tea spoon
* Dry roast the peanuts in microwave/Pan for 2 minutes, remove the skin and chop it.
* In a mixer / blender make a fine paste of peanuts using little amount of milk.
* Take a non stick pan, add in the milk and sugar. Once sugar dissolves completely with milk add a fine paste of peanuts and mix it well in a low flame.
* Add vanilla essence and a pinch of salt (make sure it is just a PINCH).
* Keep stirr the mixture until it starts to leave the pan ( Halwa Consistancy ) approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
* Switch off the flame and allow mixture to cool down for 8 to 10 minutes.
* Grease your palm with ghee and make Peda's, decorate with peanuts.
* I'm sending this nutritious peanuts laddo/peda to Swathi Iyer's Hearth Soul Blog Hop and also to Elsa Cooks.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi