Friday, January 18, 2013
Congress Kadlekayi - Bangalore Special ..
Peanuts : 1 cup
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tea spoon
Asafoetida : A pinch ( If you like Asafoetida increase the amount till 1/8 tea spoon )
Fresh black pepper powder : 1/2 tea spoon ( Dry roast the black pepper and powder it)
Red Chilli powder : 1/2 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
Vegetable oil : 1 tea spoon
Salt : 1/4 tea spoon ( Adjust accordingly )
Powdered sugar : 1/2 tea spoon
Fresh curry leaves : 5 to 6 no.s
* Microwave/dry fry the peanuts for 2 minutes.
* Once peanuts turns to room temperature remove the skin and split into 2 parts.
* Again microwave/dry fry for 1 minute.
* In a non stick pan heat oil,add turmeric powder,asafoetida, curry leaves and roasted peanuts. And saute it for 30 seconds in a low flame.
* Add black pepper powder,red chilli powder,salt and sugar, mix it once and switch off the flame.
* Remove pan from stove. Using spoon crush the curry leaves and mix the mixture until peanuts completely coated with masala.
* Once the congress kadlekayi turns to room temperature store in a air tight container.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi