Monday, November 5, 2012
Bread Rolls ..
All purpose flour : 1 and half cups
Active dry yeast : 1 Tspn
Sugar : 1 Tspn
Salt : 1/2 Tspn
Unsalted butter : 1 Tspn + 1 Tspn Extra for coating
Warm Water : 1/4 Cup
* Dissolve yeast and sugar in a warm water.
* Sieve flour four to five times and make dent in a center.
* Pour yeast mixture and mix well, if required add water and make smooth and soft dough.
* In a seperate bowl cream the butter along with salt, add this into dough and knead gently.
* Keep the dough in a big air tight container for 2 hours or till the dough raises double in size.
* Once the dough doubles in size,knead again. Using rolling pin roll it into a round shape ( chapati shape ). Brush with butter and spread your favorite chutney ( i used cilantro chutney ) on it.
* Roll this and cut this into 6 eqaual portions.
* Grease the baking dish with butter, transfer the rolls into it. Cover the baking dish and keep it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
* Pre-heat the oven to 450 F for 10 minutes.
* Bake the bread rolls for 12 minutes at 450 F.
* Enjoy the hot bread rolls with cup of coffe or tea.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi