Monday, November 5, 2012
Bread Rolls ..
All purpose flour : 1 and half cups
Active dry yeast : 1 Tspn
Sugar : 1 Tspn
Salt : 1/2 Tspn
Unsalted butter : 1 Tspn + 1 Tspn Extra for coating
Warm Water : 1/4 Cup
* Dissolve yeast and sugar in a warm water.
* Sieve flour four to five times and make dent in a center.
* Pour yeast mixture and mix well, if required add water and make smooth and soft dough.
* In a seperate bowl cream the butter along with salt, add this into dough and knead gently.
* Keep the dough in a big air tight container for 2 hours or till the dough raises double in size.
* Once the dough doubles in size,knead again. Using rolling pin roll it into a round shape ( chapati shape ). Brush with butter and spread your favorite chutney ( i used cilantro chutney ) on it.
* Roll this and cut this into 6 eqaual portions.
* Grease the baking dish with butter, transfer the rolls into it. Cover the baking dish and keep it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
* Pre-heat the oven to 450 F for 10 minutes.
* Bake the bread rolls for 12 minutes at 450 F.
* Enjoy the hot bread rolls with cup of coffe or tea.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Delicious bread rolls.
Wow mouth watering..I think this is better than the "Khara Bun" one of my all time favorites ( available in very few Iyengar's Bakery in Bangalore ONLY- not aware / seen at other places..). One small doubt..whether the OVEN cooked / Baked items are having any "adverse" health factors.
Thank u Swathi for dropping in .. thankx for the comment tooo :)
Sadashiva maava, khaara bun ginta taste super irutte.. matte fresh and home made alwa, so ruchi and health ge tumba olludu, because naavu preserve madlikke enu use maadiralla..
oven cooked/baked items alli main difference andre " oil " jaasti use madalla, if required just 1 to 2 tspn ashte..
Thankx for the comment.. :)
Perfect rolls!!!Looks very soft
It was so soft and delicious.. :)
Post a Comment