Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Masala Puri / ಮಸಾಲ ಪೂರಿ ..
Ing for puri :
All purpose flour : 1/4 Cup
Semolina : 2 Tspn
Vegetable oil : 1 Tspn
Salt : 1/4 Tspn
Water : for kneading the dough
1 Cup vegetable oil for deep frying puri's.
Method to prepare puri :
* Sieve the flour and mix all the dry ingridients together in a bowl. Add little by little amount of water to this mixture, knead well and make dough. Coat the dough with a Tspn of oil and keep it in air tight container for 30 minutes.
* Knead the dough again for 30 seconds and make lemon sized balls from it.
* Dust the surface with flour and roll the balls into very thin sheet using rolling pin.
* Heat oil in a pan and fry the puri's.
Ing for Masala :
Dry Peas : 1/2 cup
Mashed Potato : 1/2 cup
Cilantro paste : 1 Tspn
Mint leaves paste : 1 Tspn
Garlic : 1 pod
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Clove : 2
Cinnamon : 1/4 inch piece
Chopped onion : 1 Tspn
Cumin seeds : 1/2 Tspn
Chat masala powder : 1/4 Tspn
Salt : For taste
Sugar : 1/4 Tspn
Tamrind pulp : 2 Tspn
Vegetable oil : 1/2 Tspn
Method for preparing Masala :
* Wash and soak the dry peas for over night or 5 to 6 hours.
* Cook dry peas and potato seperately.
* Mash potatoes and keep it ready.
* Put all the ingridients except oil,tamrind pulp,cooked peas and mashed potato into a blender. Make a fine paste from it using little amount of water.
* Heat oil in a pan and add grinded masala and stirr fry for 1 minute.
* Now add all the ingridients and 2 cups of water into pan and cook for 15 minutes in a medium flame with occassional stirr.
Garnishing for Masala Poori :
Sev : 2 Tspn
Chopped Onion : 2 Tspn
Chopped Tomato : 1 Tspn
Chopped Cilantro : 1 Tspn
Method to serve masala poori :
* Crush puris into a serving bowl.
* Pour Masala into it.
* Pour 1/2 Tspn of sweet gojju into it.
* Garnish with onion,tomato,cilantro and sev.
* Serve Hot(Dont serve with cold masala).
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Love the illustrations! Keep it up!
Thank u Rupa :) Keep Visiting my blog !
Thanks for the comment and invite !
I have accepted your invite and added to petitchef !
Post a Comment