For Spring Roll sheet :
All purpose flour : 1 cup
Salt : A pinch
Cold Water : To prepare the dough ( 4 to 6 Tspn )
Sliced onion - 1/4 cup
Grated carrot - 1/4 cup
Sliced cabbage - 1/4 cup
Soya sauce - 1 Tspn
Tomato sauce/Ketchup - 1 Tspn
Red chilli powder : According to taste
Salt : According to your taste
Sliced garlic : 1/4 Tspn
Oil : For deep frying ( 4 cups )
Glue :Take 2 Tspn of all purpose flour & 3 Tspn of cold water in a bowl,mix well and keep it aside.
Spring roll sheet:
* Mix all purpose and salt in a mixing bowl.
* Add water little by little and prepare non sticky dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
* Prepare the dough balls. Roll them into very thin sheets using the rolling pin.Use the dry flour while rolling.
* Roll the sheets into the shape of circle.
* Squeeze off excess water from the grated vegetables.
* Heat 1 Tspn of oil in a frying pan. Add sliced onion once the oil becomes hot.
* Saute the onion in a medium flame for 1 minutes then and add grated carrot,cabbage,garlic & salt to taste.
* Saute the vegetables for 3 - 4 minutes or until they become slightly crispy.
* Add soya sauce, tomato sauce and red chilli powder. Saute them for 2 - 3 minutes and switch off the flame.
* Take a spring roll sheet and pour around 1 Tspn of stuffing on one edge.
* Roll the sheet upto half by keeping the stuffing inside.
* Fold both the edges of the rolled portion into inside and press it gently.
* Then apply the glue to the edges and roll the sheet fully. Fix the edges properly.
* Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the spring rolls on medium flame.Once they are half done, take them out from oil and keep them to cool for few minutes ( it takes 10 to 12 minutes ).
* Then put them in hot oil again and fry until golden brown so that you will get crispy vegetable spring rolls.
I learnt this recipe from Vani..
Sending this recipe to " Around world - Thailand cooking event "
Post a Comment