Basmati rice : 250 gm
Saffron strands : 3/4 gm
Sugar : 375 gm
Pure ghee : 250 gm
Cloves : 2
Milk : 6 Tspn
Lime juice : 2 Tspn
Salt : 1/2 Tspn
Cashews : 10
Raisins : 1/4 Cup
* Cook the rice with enough water and 1 tsp of ghee. ( All the grains should be cooked nicely, and at the same time, rice should not be sticky. )
* If any water is remaining in the cooked rice, drain it fully and spread the cooked rice on a plate for 10 to 15 minutes to cool ( Until room temp. )
* Bring the milk to boil and switch off the flame. Soak the saffron strands in the hot milk for 10 minutes.
* Take the cloves and make a fine powder.
* Cut the cashews into medium size.
* Combine the salt the with lime juice to dissolve and keep it ready.
* Take a non stick or heavy bottom pan, combine rice with sugar and ghee. Keep mixing it on high flame.
* Once it starts boiling, add milk with saffron strands, salt and lime juice mixture. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid burning.
* Once the mixture starts absorbing the ghee, bring the flame to medium heat.
* Now add powdered cloves and raisins and mix it well.
* Once the mixture starts oozing the ghee, switch off the flame immediately and add the cashew's.
* Close the pan with a lid and allow to set for 15 minutes.
This is the second recipe i tried from Vani.