Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Dhood Palav / Milk Palav ..
Basmati Rice : 1 Cup
Coconut Milk : 1/2 Cup
Plain Milk : 1/2 Cup
Water : 1/4 Cup
Salt : 1/2 Tspn ( As per taste )
Sliced Onion : 1/4 Cup
Green Chillies : 3
Cumin Seeds : 1 Tspn
Bay Leaf : 1
Cinnamon : 1 inch piece
Cardamom : 2
Vegetable Oil : 1 Tspn
Ghee : 1 Tspn
Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 Tspn
Cashew Paste : 1 Tspn
Boiled Peas / Frozen Peas : 1/4 Cup
* Wash and soak the Basmati rice in a cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
* Take Non-stick ( must ) vessel and add ghee and oil into it.
* Once the oil becomes little hot, add bay leaf,cinnamon and cardamom and fry for 30 seconds.
* Now add the cumin seeds and onion, fry the onion till it turns to transparent.
* Add the green chilli and Ginger garlic paste and fry for another 1 minute.
* Add the basmati rice into this mixture and saute for 1 minute.
* Add the coconut milk,milk,water,cashew paste and salt into the mixture and mix well and close the vessel with a lid.
* Once the rice cooked well, add the boiled peas and stirr well and switch off the flame.
* You can serve with any curry, I served with Spinach Curry.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
* Cook this dish(complete process) in a low flame.
* Cashew paste = 8 cashews + 1 Tspn milk, In a blender make a smooth paste.
* Ginger garlic paste = 2 inch ginger piece + 3 Garlic pods , In a blender make a smooth paste.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi