Monday, September 24, 2012
Garlic Buns / ಬೆಳ್ಳುಳ್ಳಿ ಬನ್ಸ್ ..
All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 Cup
Active dry yeast - 7 oz ( 1/2 Tspn )
Milk - 1/4 Cup (+ 1 Tspn for brushing )
Water - 1/4 Cup
Vegetable oil - 1/8 Cup ( + 1/2 Tspn for greasing the baking tray )
Sugar - 1/2 Tspn
Salt - 1/3 Tspn
Chopped garlic - 1 Tspn
Chopped green chilli - 1 Tspn
Unsalted butter - 1 Tspn
* Sieve the all purpose flour.
* Take a large bowl and add the flour into it, then make a dent in the centre of the flour.
* Heat the milk and water together till it turns into luke warm,add sugar and switch off the flame. Now add yeast to it and mix well till yeast dissolve completely.
* Pour this mixture in the dent.
* Add vegetable oil,salt,chopped garlic into dent and gather to make a soft dough.
* Apply oil ( 1/4 Tspn ) gently over the dough.
* Cover the vessel with a cling wrap with enough room for the dough to rise.
* Keep the dough in a warm place for an hour.
* After an hour the dough should have raised well ( Actually at this point of time dough has doubled from original size ).
* Grease the baking tray with vegetable oil and keep it aside.
* Punch down the dough very gently and make 10 equal sized balls from it.
* Brush the bun balls with a milk and gently transfer it to a greased tray.
* Pre heat the oven at 375 F for 10 minutes.
* Bake the buns in a pre heated oven at 375 F till 12 to 15 minutes ( Or till top of the bun turns into golden color )
* Once the buns are done , brush the buns with butter and serve it with cup of coffe or tea.
IMPORTANT NOTES :
* The dough should be very soft,if its stiff and tight you may not get soft buns.
* If your dough doesnt rise then your yeast is not active,you may not get soft buns either.
* Keep the tray in a middle rack of the oven.
Closer look of Garlic buns :
Posted by Shree Kannepadi