Thursday, September 20, 2012
Chakkuli / Muruku - ಚಕ್ಕುಲಿ ..
Idly rice - 2 Cups
Urad daal - 1 Cup
Splitted daliya - 1/4 Cup
Sesame seeds - 1/2 Tspn
Salt - According to your taste ( Iused 1/2 Tspn )
Warm Vegetable oil - 2 Tspn
Water - 1/2 Cup
Deep Frying :
Vegetable oil - 1/2 Litre
* Dry roast the Urad daal and splitted daliya seperately, till they turns to golden brown color.
* Soak the rice in cold water for 2 hours. Drain the water and blend the soaked rice into smooth paste by using little amount of water.
* Once urad daal and daliya split turns into room temperature make a fine powder of them.
* Take a big bowl and add the rice paste , urad daal and splitted daliya powder , warm oil ( heat the oil in a kadayi for 2 mins ),salt and sasame seeds. Mix well and make dough like a chapati dough.
* Take a kadayi and transfer the oil and heat for 5 minutes in a medium flame.
* Make chakkulis using chakkuli maker and keep them on paper.
* Carefully transfer the chakkuli's into hot oil and deep fry them until they turns into golden color.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi