Spice level : Mild
Cooking level : Easy
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Cubed cottage cheese : 1/4 cup
Chopped spinach : 3 cups
Fresh cream : 1/4 cup
Milk : 1/4 cup (Adjust accordingly)
Finely chopped onion : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped tomato : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped green chilli : 1/2 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Salt : 1/4 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Sugar : 1/8 tea spoon
Fresh lemon juice : 1/4 tea spoon
Finely chopped cilantro : 1 table spoon
Cumin powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Coriander powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Garam masala powder : 1/8 tea spoon
Butter : 1 table spoon
Cumin seeds : 1/8 tea spoon
Ginger - Garlic paste : 1/2 tea spoon
Turmeric powder : 1/8 tea spoon
* In a medium flame melt butter in a nonstick pan, add in cumin seeds and fry for 15 to 20 seconds. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
* Add in onion,turmeric powder,green chilli and salt. Saute until onion become tender.
* Add in tomato,cumin powder,coriander powder and sugar. Mix it well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
* Now add in the spinach and fry until it gets cooked and mixed well with masala. (This takes around 2 minutes)
* Add in cream and milk (add more milk if need little thinner gravy or less for a thick gravy) and cook for 2 minutes.
* Add garam masala and cottage cheese to this mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
* Add in the cilantro and lemon juice and switch off the flame.
Serving Options :
* You can serve this curry with Garlic Rice , Methi Pulao , Vegetable Fried Rice , White Palav , Spinach Rice .
* Also you can serve this curry with Naan.