Serving : 2
Cooking level : Easy
For Paav :
Dinner rolls : 4
Butter : 1 table spoon
* Heat nonstick griddle.
* Slit the dinner rolls into half and spread butter.
* Roast the dinner rolls till it turns little golden in color.
For Bhaji :
Paav Bhaji spice powder (Recipe) : 3 table spoon (click on the "recipe" for homemade paav bhaji spice powder)
Cooked potato : 1 cup (coarsely mash it)
Cooked carrot : 1/2 cup (coarsely mash it)
Cooked garbanzo/chickpea : 1/2 cup (coarsely mash it)
Chopped cilantro : 2 table spoon
Chopped onion : 1/4 cup
Chopped tomato : 1/2 cup
Chopped spring onion : 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt : 1/4 table spoon (adjust accordingly)
Water : 1/2 cup (adjust accordingly)
Sugar : 1/4 tea spoon
Turmeric powder : 1/8 tea spoon
Ginger-Garlic paste : 1 tea spoon
Butter : 2 table spoon
Vegetable oil : 1/2 tea spoon
Lemon juice : 1/4 tea spoon
* Heat 1 table spoon butter and vegetable oil in a nonstick wok at medium-low flame.
* Add in onions and saute till onions turn slightly brownish. Then add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1 min.
* Add in tomatoes and fry till tomatoes are tender.
* Now add in all the vegetables along with garbanzo. Saute this for 2 minutes.
* Add salt,sugar,paav bhaji masala into the mixture and mix it well. Then add 1/2 a cup of water.
* Add a 1 table spoon of butter and cilantro, cook this bhaji masala for 4 to 5 minutes in a low flame. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and mix it very well.
Some TIPS :
* Serve paav bhaaji HOT !
* Before serving sprinkle some chopped onion,cilantro and lemon juice on Bhaaji.(I garnished Bhaaji with Carrot,White onion and Cilantro just because to give Indian Independence Day feeling :) )
* I have already posted Paav Bhaji recipe in my blog (Recipe) using store-bought Paav Bhaaji Masala powder. But i feel homemade Masala powder tastes 200% better than store-bought powder.
* Follow the recipe. For best result use Homemade Paav Bhaaji Masala Powder which i mentioned. :)