Servings : 2 people
Baby corn : 12
* Make a slit lengthwise at the center to get two equal parts from baby corn. Now hold both the parts together cut them into dices at equal intervals or according to size required. (You will get around 40 diced pieces from 12 baby corn)
* Now place the diced baby corn in a sauce pan containing boiling water(around 4 cups). Allow to boil for 30 seconds. Once done, remove and transfer baby corn into a sauce pan containing cold water. This will refresh the baby corn and also it will maintain its color
and baby corn will not get overcooked.
Ingredients For Batter :
All purpose flour / Plain flour : 2 table spoon
Corn starch : 1 table spoon
Salt : 1/8 tea spoon
Red chilli powder : 1/8 tea spoon
Cold water : 5 table spoon
For deep frying baby corn : 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* Once the baby corn is blanched,drain the water and keep it ready to use.
* In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients mentioned in "Batter" and slowly add in the water and make a batter.
Once the batter is ready add in baby corn,mix it well with the batter for marinating upto 10 to 12 minutes.
* In the meantime chop all the veggies required for Manchurian sauce.
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil for frying the baby corn.
* Once the oil is heated add in about 12 diced baby corn pieces at a time and fry them until golden brown. Then remove baby corn from oil and drain in paper towels. Keep it aside. Repeat this procedure until all the marinated baby corn get fried.
Manchurian Sauce :
Ingredients For Manchurian Sauce :
Finely chopped spring onion : 1/4 cup (Separate white and green parts of chopped spring onion and keep them in different bowl)
Finely chopped white onion : 1/8 cup
Finely chopped green chilli: 1/2 tea spoon (Adjust according to your taste)
Finely chopped ginger : 1/4 teaspoon
Finely chopped garlic : 1/8 tea spoon
Finely chopped bell pepper : 1/8 cup (I used orange bell pepper)
Vegetable oil : 1 table spoon
Corn starch : 1/2 table spoon
Cold water : 2 table spoon
Dark soy sauce : 1/4 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup : 2 table spoon (I used Nestle hot n sweet tomato ketchup)
Salt : 1/8 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Sugar : 1/8 tea spoon
Red chilli powder : 1/8 tea spoon (Adjust accordingly)
Method to make Manchurian sauce :
* In a small bowl mix corn starch and water,keep it ready to use.
* In a non stick pan heat vegetable oil. Add in ginger,garlic,green chilli,onion and spring onion white part. Saute for 30 to 45 seconds in a low flame.
* Add in sugar,salt and bell pepper and suate for 1 minute.
* Now add soy sauce,red chilli powder and tomato ketchup and mix it well with the veggies in a medium-high flame.
* Add in corn starch and water mixture and continuously mix it well with the veggies until it turns into a sauce consistency. Then add fried baby corn and mix it well again for 2 to 3 minutes for all the flavors to get blended well with baby corn. And suate this until baby corn becomes little crisp and not soggy at this stage.
* Finally add spring onion green part and saute for 30 seconds then switch off the flame.
* Serve Hot !!
Some TIPS :
* Once the baby corn manchurian is done serve immediately because later it becomes soggy.
* DO NOT saute veggies for long time.
* Follow the recipe :)