Ing for Crust :
All purpose flour : 1 cup (extra for rolling)
Unsalted butter : 1/4 cup (at room temp.)
Salt : A pinch
Powdered sugar : 1 tea spoon
Ice cold water : 1/8 cup (as needed to make dough)
Ing for Filling :
Sliced peaches : 1 cup
Powdered sugar : 1/4 cup
Cloves powder : 1/4 tea spoon (You can either use cinnamon powder)
Corn starch : 1 tea spoon
All purpose flour : 1 tea spoon
Dry ginger powder : 1/4 tea spoon
For Crust Brushing :
Powdered sugar : 1 table spoon
Unsalted melted butter : 2 table spoon
Cloves powder : A pinch
Method to make Crust :
* In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter into flour and mix until mixture has a crumbly consistency.
* Now add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix with a wooden spoon(must) until dough just holds together. DO NOT OVERWORK ON DOUGH.
* Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 10 minutes.
Method to make Filling :
* In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour,ginger powder and clove powder. Add in peaches and toss mixture until peaches are coated very well.
Method to make Brushing :
* Mix all the listed ingridients together and keep it ready to use.
Method to Assemble :
* Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
* Remove the dough from the refrigerator and using roling pin roll the dough to 1/8 inch thickness circular shape. (Roll like chapathi)
* Pour the filling in center and assemble it giving 1 to 1.5 inch border space.
* Fold the 1 inch border of dough over the edges of the peaches and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
* Brush the Galette with brushing mixture.
* Bake Peach Galette for 25 to 30 minutes in a pre heated oven or until crust is lightly browned.