Ing for Crust :
All purpose flour : 1 cup (extra for rolling)
Unsalted butter : 1/4 cup (at room temp.)
Salt : A pinch
Powdered sugar : 1 tea spoon
Ice cold water : 1/8 cup (as needed to make dough)
Ing for Filling :
Sliced peaches : 1 cup
Powdered sugar : 1/4 cup
Cloves powder : 1/4 tea spoon (You can either use cinnamon powder)
Corn starch : 1 tea spoon
All purpose flour : 1 tea spoon
Dry ginger powder : 1/4 tea spoon
For Crust Brushing :
Powdered sugar : 1 table spoon
Unsalted melted butter : 2 table spoon
Cloves powder : A pinch
Method to make Crust :
* In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter into flour and mix until mixture has a crumbly consistency.
* Now add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix with a wooden spoon(must) until dough just holds together. DO NOT OVERWORK ON DOUGH.
* Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 10 minutes.
Method to make Filling :
* In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour,ginger powder and clove powder. Add in peaches and toss mixture until peaches are coated very well.
Method to make Brushing :
* Mix all the listed ingridients together and keep it ready to use.
Method to Assemble :
* Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
* Remove the dough from the refrigerator and using roling pin roll the dough to 1/8 inch thickness circular shape. (Roll like chapathi)
* Pour the filling in center and assemble it giving 1 to 1.5 inch border space.
* Fold the 1 inch border of dough over the edges of the peaches and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
* Brush the Galette with brushing mixture.
* Bake Peach Galette for 25 to 30 minutes in a pre heated oven or until crust is lightly browned.
lovely and willl try this soon
nice one ! Feel free to pop in to my space too when you get the time. Just jotted some tips on"sane motherhood" on my "pick quicks" blog. Lets staty connected beyond the kitchen as well...Hope you will be a follower there.have a great day !
You have a nice blog with awesome clicks. I have just started following you and it may be highly encouraging if you may follow me back.
Thank u Ramya, Try and let me know..
Thank u dear.. :)
Thank u Sona.. I'm already following your blog :)
Thank u Sapana, I do follow your blog :)
love those with fillings of peach
Beautiful pictures..looks delicious...
Wow! Looks delicious! Love the pictures as well as the wonderful peach filling! You have a lovely blog! Glad to follow you! Do visit my space at-http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/.
Post a Comment