The recipe is for 2 people.
Equipment required : Aebleskiver pan
Preparation Time :
Soaking rice : 2 hours
Grinding : 1 to 2 minutes (approximately)
Fermentation : 4 to 5 hours or overnight
Cooking : 4 minutes for each batch
Idly rice : 1/2 cup
Ripe banana(chopped) : 1 cup
Cardamom powder : 1/4 tea spoon
Jaggery : 1/8 cup (Adjust accordingly,if you like sweet add extra 2 table spoon)
Salt : A pinch
Cold water for grinding : 1/4 cup
Clarified butter / Ghee : 2 table spoon
* Wash and soak idly rice for 2 hours.
* Drain rice and add it into a mixer jar/blender jar, add in banana and grind it using water until the mixture looks like idly batter (semolina texture).
* Transfer the batter into bowl,add in cardamom powder,jaggery and salt. Mix well and keep batter in a warm place for fermentation. (keep in microwave oven without turning it ON)
* On a low flame heat the Aebleskiver pan. Sprinkle drop of ghee in every holes of the pan.
* Pour a batter(make sure to mix it well) in all the holes and cover the pan with a lid. cook for 2 minutes then turn paddu into other side and cook it without lid.
* Serve with chutney or simply with ghee or unsalted butter ..