Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Jackfruit Idly / Halasina haNNina idly..
Jackfruit - 1 cup finely chopped
Jackfruit pulp - 2 cups
Raw rice - 1 cup
Thin poha - 1/2 cup
Salt - for taste
Ghee - 2 Tspn
Jaggery - 2 Tspn
* Fry the raw rice in a pan(till the aroma comes out,normally it takes 8 to 10 mins), keep it aside for cooling (it takes 30 mins to turn room tempreature).
* Soak the thin poha in cold water for 10 mins, then grind a fine paste from it.
* Wash the fried rice and soak it in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Coarsely make the rice powder.
* Take a big bowl and add coarsed rice,jackfruit pulp,chopped jackfruit,and thin poha paste mix well and keep the batter in warm place for a night or 7- 8 hours.
* While making idlies add jaggery and salt,mix well.
* Apply a little ghee to idly plates, and pour the batter into it.
* Steam the idlies in a medium flame till 15 to 18 minutes.
* Serve with ghee and pickle.
Posted by Shree Kannepadi