Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Banana Idly / ಬಾಳೆಹಣ್ಣಿನ ಇಡ್ಲಿ ..
Banana - 3 cups finely chopped
Raw rice - 1 cup
Thin poha - 1/2 cup
Salt - for taste
Ghee - 2 Tspn
Jaggery - 2 Tspn
* Fry the raw rice in a pan(till the aroma comes out,normally it takes 8 to 10 mins), keep it aside for cooling (it takes 30 mins to turn room tempreature).
* Soak the thin poha in cold water for 10 mins, then grind it along banana pieces.
* Wash the fried rice and soak it in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Coarsely make the rice powder.
* Take a big bowl and add coarsed rice,grinded banana mixture. Mix well and keep the batter in warm place for a 4-5 hours.
* While making idlies add jaggery and salt,mix well.
* Apply a little ghee to idly plates, and pour the batter into it.
* Steam the idlies in a medium flame till 15 to 18 minutes.
* Serve with ghee and pickle.
Sending this recipe to " Kitchen chronicles only vegan event " And Linking to " Sizzling tastebuds "
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
looks yummy...very nice clicks.
Thank u.. :)
Nice recipe dear..never had a chance to taste this yummy idli. Will try it sometime..
Ongoing Event: Love Lock With Juices & Milkshakes
wow..never tried or heard of this kind of idly...book marked..will try sooon,,looking yummy..
Thanks Vani and Chitra.. :)
Nice looking.good idea & good effort...tried idly from other fruits ?.. ( other than Jack)..If a piece of banana (plantain) leaf is also kept in the plate it gives great (Indian) flavor..
Thank u.. Never tried with other fruits. Yeah i heard about banana leaf idly.. :)
Something new. Looks yummy.
Event: Only Vegan
Thank u Vardhini.. This is a original " MalenaaDa " ( Brahmin's Traditional recipe in karnataka ) Recipe..
You have a very good blog and awesome event !
Post a Comment