Pineapple - 2 Cups
Coconut - 3/4 Cup
Sesame - 1 Tspn
Dry Red Chillies - 2 to 3 ( According to your taste )
Tamarind Juice - 1/2 Tspn
Raw Rice / Channa daal - 1 Tspn
Dhaniya Powder - 1 Tspn
Jeera Powder - 1 Tspn
Jaggery - 4 to 5 Tspn
Hing - A pinch
Vegetable Oil - 1 Tspn
Salt to taste
For Seasoning :
Vegetable Oil - 1/2 Tspn
Mustard - 1/4 Tspn
Dry Red Chillies - 1/2
Few Curry Leaves (Optional)
* Peel the outer skin of pineapple and cut them into squares.
* Cook them with 1 cups of water, tamarind juice, jaggery and salt to taste.
* Cook pineapple till it becomes soft in medium flame.
* In a mean while, take a pan and dry roast sesame,Channa daal/Raw rice separately till it turns golden and keep it aside.
* Take a tbsp of oil and sauté broken red chilli and grated coconut till it turns golden.
* Grind this coconut, red chilli,channa daal/raw rice,jeera powder,dhaniya powder,hing and sesame to smooth paste adding little water.
* Add this ground paste to cooked pineapple and mix well.
* Cook this in a medium flame till the gravy starts to boil.
* Reduce the flame and cook for further 4-5 minutes till gravy starts thickening.
* Season it with mustard, curry leaves and broken red chillies.
* Serve hot with rice,chapati,dosa and enjoy.
Post a Comment