Grated carrot : 500 gms
Sugar : 200 gms
Cardamom powder : 1/8 teaspoon
Milk : 1/4 cup
Ghee : 1/4 cup
Milk powder : 100 gms
Salt : tiny pinch
For garnishing :
2 tea spoon ghee
2 spoon chopped almonds
2 spoon chopped cashews
2 spoon raisins
Heat ghee in a low heat add in almonds fry for 30 seconds add in cashews fry for 30 seconds switch off the flame and add in raisins and mix everything.
Method to make carrot halwa :
* In a 2 ltr pressure cooker add in milk and ghee.
* Add half of the grated carrots.
* Add a tiny pinch of salt and cardamom powder.
* Add milk powder to remaining grated carrot,mix it nicely and add it to pressure cooker.
* Add sugar.
* DO NOT MIX ANYTHING !!
* Close the cooker lid and cook in medium flame for 18 minutes.
(Don't count whistles , go by time and fragrance)
* Switch off and release pressure cooker pressure immediately.
* Add in garnishing, mix everything well and serve.
Post a Comment