Ingredients for Bread :
1/2 of cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of room temp.water
1 and 1/2 tea spoons of active dry yeast
1 tea spoon of honey
3 tea spoons of vegetable oil
1/2 tea spoon of Salt
Ingredients for Stuffing :
3 table spoon of melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup of mint and chilly chutney
Method to make Spicy mint chutney :
Mix 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves,2 table spoon of cilantro,2 green chillies (add according to your tastebud),1/4 tea spoon salt and 1/4 tea spoon of fresh lime juice in a mixer jar
and make a fine paste of it without using water.
Method to make Bread dough :
* Microwave water for about 20 secs or till it turns to lukewarm temp.
* Add in honey and active dry yeast,stirr it and keep it aside for about 10 minutess or till the yeast mixture becomes frothy.
* Add salt, vegetable oil and whole wheat flour. Mix till all the wet ingredients are incorporated into flour.
* Now add in all purpose flour ½ cup at a time till it forms a non sticky dough.
* Take a tea spoon of oil in a big bowl, keep the dough and swirl it around to coat the dough.
* Cover with a cling film or damp cloth and keep it aside to raise for around 1 hour or till dough is doubled in volume.
* Punch down the dough and cover it back.
* After around 1 hour, it would have doubled again.Then punch it again and knead it to make a smooth ball.
Final steps :
* Preheat the Convection oven to 180C.
* Make 6 equal balls from dough and roll each ball into a 8-9" disc (like how you roll for chapati).
* Take one disc, brush butter and spread mint chutney.
* Keep the next disc on top and again brush with butter and spread mint chutney,continue this till 5 discs,and for 6th disc just put that on top of the 5th disc and carefully press it.
* Mark a round in the center(use a small cup and put that in center of the disc).
* Then using a sharp knife, make 16 cuts from the circumference of the circle to the edge.
* Now carefully lift two adjacent pieces and twist them in opposite direction. Then stick the ends together.
* Cover the bread with damp cloth and leave it aside to rise again for another 45 minutes.
* Brush with butter and bake at 180C for about 15 minutes or till bread is baked through.(check by using tooth pick,if the tooth pick comes out clean bread is ready)