Ingredients for Bread :
1/2 of cup whole wheat flour
1.5 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of room temp.water
1 and 1/2 tea spoons of active dry yeast
1 tea spoon of honey
3 tea spoons of vegetable oil
1/2 tea spoon of Salt
Ingredients for Stuffing :
3 table spoon of melted unsalted butter
1/4 cup of mint and chilly chutney
Method to make Spicy mint chutney :
Mix 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves,2 table spoon of cilantro,2 green chillies (add according to your tastebud),1/4 tea spoon salt and 1/4 tea spoon of fresh lime juice in a mixer jar
and make a fine paste of it without using water.
Method to make Bread dough :
* Microwave water for about 20 secs or till it turns to lukewarm temp.
* Add in honey and active dry yeast,stirr it and keep it aside for about 10 minutess or till the yeast mixture becomes frothy.
* Add salt, vegetable oil and whole wheat flour. Mix till all the wet ingredients are incorporated into flour.
* Now add in all purpose flour ½ cup at a time till it forms a non sticky dough.
* Take a tea spoon of oil in a big bowl, keep the dough and swirl it around to coat the dough.
* Cover with a cling film or damp cloth and keep it aside to raise for around 1 hour or till dough is doubled in volume.
* Punch down the dough and cover it back.
* After around 1 hour, it would have doubled again.Then punch it again and knead it to make a smooth ball.
Final steps :
* Preheat the Convection oven to 180C.
* Make 6 equal balls from dough and roll each ball into a 8-9" disc (like how you roll for chapati).
* Take one disc, brush butter and spread mint chutney.
* Keep the next disc on top and again brush with butter and spread mint chutney,continue this till 5 discs,and for 6th disc just put that on top of the 5th disc and carefully press it.
* Mark a round in the center(use a small cup and put that in center of the disc).
* Then using a sharp knife, make 16 cuts from the circumference of the circle to the edge.
* Now carefully lift two adjacent pieces and twist them in opposite direction. Then stick the ends together.
* Cover the bread with damp cloth and leave it aside to rise again for another 45 minutes.
* Brush with butter and bake at 180C for about 15 minutes or till bread is baked through.(check by using tooth pick,if the tooth pick comes out clean bread is ready)
Delicious bake..a must try recipe!
Post a Comment