* Wash 1/2 cup sago pearls for 3-4 times in cold water,drain the water completely.
Wash 1 cup of idly rava for 2 times in cold water, drain the water completely.
* Take a big bowl, add in sago pearls and idly rava, 3/4 cup thick curd/yogurt,1/2 cup of cold water and 1/2 teaspoon salt, mix everything nicely and let it ferment for 10 hours.
* Grease the idly plate with ghee and keep it ready.
* In a pressure cooker add 2 cups of water and switch on the stove.
* Add 1/4 cup chopped dill leaves to fermented idly batter and mix gently.
* Add 1/8 tea spoon of baking soda, mix quickly and pour the batter to idly plates and steam cook the idlies for 20 minutes.
Serve it with red chutney.
Recipe for red chutney :
* In a pan add in 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, once oil is warm, add in 1/4 cup sliced onions,1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic,1 green chilli, 1 dried Kashmiri chilli, small piece of tamarind roast until onion turns to pink colour.
Add in 1 table spoon of Daria Dal (split roasted gram /putaani), 1/2 cup coconut, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Switch off the stove, and let everything cool down, then in small blender jar, blend everything with 1/4 cup of water.
Transfer chutney into a bowl and add tempering. ( Heat coconut oil, add in mustard seeds and asafoetida).