Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Pineapple - 2 Cups
Coconut - 3/4 Cup
Sesame - 1 Tspn
Dry Red Chillies - 2 to 3 ( According to your taste )
Tamarind Juice - 1/2 Tspn
Raw Rice / Channa daal - 1 Tspn
Dhaniya Powder - 1 Tspn
Jeera Powder - 1 Tspn
Jaggery - 4 to 5 Tspn
Hing - A pinch
Vegetable Oil - 1 Tspn
Salt to taste
For Seasoning :
Vegetable Oil - 1/2 Tspn
Mustard - 1/4 Tspn
Dry Red Chillies - 1/2
Few Curry Leaves (Optional)
* Peel the outer skin of pineapple and cut them into squares.
* Cook them with 1 cups of water, tamarind juice, jaggery and salt to taste.
* Cook pineapple till it becomes soft in medium flame.
* In a mean while, take a pan and dry roast sesame,Channa daal/Raw rice separately till it turns golden and keep it aside.
* Take a tbsp of oil and sauté broken red chilli and grated coconut till it turns golden.
* Grind this coconut, red chilli,channa daal/raw rice,jeera powder,dhaniya powder,hing and sesame to smooth paste adding little water.
* Add this ground paste to cooked pineapple and mix well.
* Cook this in a medium flame till the gravy starts to boil.
* Reduce the flame and cook for further 4-5 minutes till gravy starts thickening.
* Season it with mustard, curry leaves and broken red chillies.
* Serve hot with rice,chapati,dosa and enjoy.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Paav Bhaji : It can be eaten as a snack or as a meal in itself. It is often eaten as an evening snack between lunch and dinner.
Ing for Paav :
Paav - 4
Butter - 2 to 4Tspn
Ing for Bhaji :
Butter - 2 to 3 Tspn
Frozen Pease - 1/2 Cup
Large Potato - 1
Cauliflower - 1/2 Cup
Sliced Onion - 1/4 Cup
Chopped Ginger - 1/4 Tspn
Chopped Garlic - 1/4 Tspn
Tomato - 1/2 Cup
Salt - As per taste
Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 Tspn
Chole / Paav Bhaaji Masala Powder - 1/2 Tspn
Sugar - 1/4 Tspn
Jeera Powder - 1/2 Tspn
Method for Bhaji :
* Cook the potato,cauliflower and peas in 2 cups water. Then mash and keep it aside.
* Fry the onions in butter till onions turn slightly brownish. Add ginger & garlic fry for 1 min.
* Add tomatoes and fry till tomatoes are tender.
* Add potato, cooked peas & cauliflower mixture.
* Add chilli powder, salt,sugar,jeera powder and paav bhaji masala.
* Add a Tspn of butter and cook for 4 to 5 mins in a low flame.
Method for Paav :
* Slit the paav into half and apply butter.
* Take a dosa pan and fry the paav until little reddish in low flame.
Serves : 2 person
Preparation time : 35 to 45 mins
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Idly rice - 2 cups
Urad daal - 1 and half cups
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 Tspn
Yogurt - 2 Tspn
Channa Daal - 3 Tspn
Salt - 1/4 Tspn
* Soak the idly rice,urad daal,fenugreek seeds and channa daal in a large bowl for 5 to 6 hours.
* Fine paste the above ingredients in a blender without adding large amount of water.
* Transfer the batter into a large bowl and add salt to a batter mix well and keep it aside for 7 to 8 hours in a warm place.
* Add yogurt to a batter and make dosa's.
* Serve with chutney,sambhar or with any curry's.